Thursday, June 12, 2014

Blueberry Bread

I've decided to start posting my recipes. This is mostly for my own benefit, so that I always have access to them even when I am traveling. Plus, I have found that pieces of paper get lost. I recently searched everywhere for an old recipe for syrup that I can't find. It makes me so sad.

So, here is BLUEBERRY BREAD:

(This recipe came from an old ward cookbook, printed in January 1994. It was contributed by Judy Cash. I've doubled it here, so if you only want 1 loaf, or only have 1 cup blueberries, just halve the recipe)

1 c. sugar
2 eggs
1 c. milk
4 Tbls. melted butter
3 cups flour
1 tsp. salt
4 tsp baking powder
2 c. fresh blueberries

Cream sugar and eggs. Stir in milk and melted butter. Sift dry ingredients together and add to creamed mixture. Fold in blueberries and turn into (2) well greased bread pans. Bake 50 minutes at 350.


(In case you are wondering if I contributed any recipes, here is mine from page 4:
HONEYMOON SALAD
Lettuce Alone

...I know, I was such a funny 18 year old!)

1 comment: