Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Just In Time For Valentine's Day- Table Runner Project #48

Along with my goal to use up all the fabric in my closet, and finish all my unfinished projects, I dug up my Valentine's Day fabric....
I love this fabric. 
I am almost finished with a little quilt in this fabric, and can't wait to show it to you.

Last year, I was at a friends house, and in the mail she got a lovely Valentine's Day table runner from her mom. I knew I wanted to make one, but wouldn't be able to last year. So, this year in January, I asked her if I could borrow it. I made a pattern from it, and here we are:

 I ran into some problems with mine... this often happens when I do it different from the pattern/thing I'm copying. Hers was done envelope style, and mine was bound. I decided to use pre-made bias tape. I have never used bias tape, although I have made my own bias binding before. Apparantly, bias tape is a lot stiffer than the binding I have worked with before, and this had A LOT of curves, so it was difficult to work with, and didn't always lay flat...
 I wanted to use this heart stitch on my machine, and didn't think to use my walking foot, so also ran into problems there...  my old quilt teacher, Dixie, would be scolding me right now. She said you never point out your mistakes when showing your quilt... but I confess a lot of things here that I probably shouldn't.
But, most importantly, I am really happy with how it turned out, in spite of the challenges. I love it on my piano, but think I will make another one (I have enough fabric!) and put them running down my dining room table.
What do you think?

1 comment:

  1. That is so fun! It looks great! Especially on your black piano!

    ReplyDelete