Monday, April 2, 2012

Corner Cabinet #38

LinkSo I bought this old corner cabinet at an estate sale just before we moved. I'm not sure what I was thinking... but I'm glad I did. Besides making an awesome Vanishing Cupboard for our Hogwarts Party, I really thought it would be great in our teeny tiny playroom loft for holding all the toys.
But, it mostly sat in our garage for months and months.... here it is with some cute kids I also found in my garage:

Then my husband took it on for the Thanksgiving and Christmas Holidays... and made it into this:
He added beaded board to the door inserts, new crown molding at the top (he is getting really good at crown molding... I'm resisting the urge to put it into my little girls bedroom...) we added a crystal door pull, painted it white, and viola! After some serious purging, it pretty much holds all the toys that don't go in the toy kitchen.
It even inspired me to hang pictures, a magnet board for my daughters drawings, and something to hang dress-ups on on the wall. Sorry the pictures aren't good. It's so tight (small) in this little loft, I couldn't get back far enough to get a good full picture!

No comments:

Post a Comment