Sunday, March 27, 2011

Some fun cupcakes


My son had his annual cub scout Blue and Gold Banquet a few weeks ago. Each of the boys was to make their own dessert. It was a contest, so we pulled out (stole from "Hello Cupcake") this great idea for spaghetti dinner and meatball cupcakes. Super easy. He could have done it all himself, if he wasn't such a busy kid, and trying to get out the door to soccer practice.
So, my 3-yr. old daughter helped me make the cupcakes, my son swirled all the "noodles" on with frosting, and then daughter helped me put on the candy "meatballs"
Wished I took better pictures so you could really see how much this looked like spaghetti and meatballs.

We grated on some Parmesaen cheese (white chocolate) and left the grater in case they wanted to add some more. There were 2 awards given. One went to the cub scout who made the whole dessert himself, the other went to my son.
He was thrilled.
This really is so easy you could just turn your kids loose on it.

2 comments:

  1. So fun and they look delicious. I will have to keep this in mind for my little one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad I don't have to compete with you at the blue and gold banquet. Actually, I wouldn't try and compete, I would just enjoy all your creations.

    ReplyDelete